Friday, February 11, 2011

"Hey Little Gal! That boy rightchair's a whistlin for you!!"



Said Sue(fictitious name), an old disgruntled lady as she passed my mom in the dairy aisle of Bi-Lo in Vidalia, Georgia. It was this afternoon that Sue thought I was actually trying to "pick up" my mom in the grocery store. My mom, at the sound of my half-shouldered whistle, immediately walked over to see what the Bi-Lo Mute needed. As she tried to make out what I was explaining through hand jestures and facial hints, I saw the old lady take one last look back at us. Out from her black hat she generated a wave of "You should be ashamed of yourself!" that was headed right at us. Like a Big torpedo with a frown on it! As luck would have it, I wasn't trying to pick up my mom!......and the Hilariousness of the situation took over and almost made me crack up... I kept a lid on it though..close call.
So the picture above is of myself and my cousin Tom. Summer of 1984. I was 8. That's when I rode around town with my mom(like I'm doing now) no seatbelts, Wham! was on the radio, good times, man. Alot has changed since then, except for one small thing... I've learned over the last 3 days...older people just dont wear seatbelts! My mom just wont do it, it's crazy! We'll be riding around, and that little noise comes on. I'll look over at her, and she'll say, "Awwww! It'll go off in a minute..." But it doesn't! Oh well. Click or Tickit.

No comments:

Post a Comment